Traditional Health Workers
Traditional Health Workers (THWs)
Traditional Health Workers are here if you are facing any barriers that make it hard for you to be healthy. They also can help you connect with people and services in the community that might help you.
There are a few different kinds of Traditional health Workers:
- Community Health Workers (CHW): CHWs can help you in receiving the healthcare you need.
- Peer Support Specialists (PSS): PSS can give support, encouragement and help to those facing addictions and mental health issues.
- Peer Wellness Specialists (PWS): PWSs give support, encouragement and help to address physical and mental health needs.
- Personal Health Navigators (PHN): PHNs offer care coordination for members from within the health system.
- Birth Doulas: Doulas give companionship and personal, non-medical support to women and families throughout the pregnancy, childbirth, and post-partum experience.
Want to learn more? Call our THW Liaison, Hope Caldwell, at 971-261-1996.
THW’s are not right for everyone. You can talk to your PCP and they can help you decide. You do not need a referral to work with a THW.
Find a Traditional Health Worker
Community Health Workers:
CHWs are available in some Primary Care clinics, you can talk to your PCP to learn more!
Peer Support/Peer Wellness Specialists:
- Dave Romprey Warmline (800) 698-2392
- Oregon Family Support Network (503) 363-8068
- YCHHS Peer Support Specialists (503) 434-7523
- Project ABLE (503) 474-5509
- Provoking Hope (503) 895-0934
For additional information on peer services and programs offered in Yamhill County visit: https://hhs.co.yamhill.or.us/adultmentalhealth/page/peer-delivered-services
There are independent and doula hubs around the state. You may use OHA’s THW registry to find other Birth Doulas that match your needs.
- Pacific Northwest Doulas phone: (503) 877-2815 web: https://www.pnwdoulas.com/
- Yamhill Valley Community Doulas phone: (503) 583-2607 web: https://www.yamhillvalleycommunitydoulas.com/
The Oregon Health Authority THW Registry is available for you to search and find THWs who meet your needs.