Give Your Child a Strong Start
The Yamhill Community Care Early Learning Hub works to ensure families in the community have ease of access to Early Learning Programs for children ages 0-5.
This page can serve as your resource guide to Yamhill County Early Learning programs!
Do you have questions about childcare and access to childcare?
CALL 211 or 1-866-698-6155
TEXT keyword “children” or “ninos” to 898211 (TXT211)
Early Learning Hub
Preschool Promise is a quality FREE preschool program for 3- and 4-year-old children living at or below 200% of the poverty level.
*Currently available within Dayton and Sheridan School Districts.
Other Local Early Learning Programs
A Family Place Relief Nursery
- Offers a specialized preschool classroom setting, as well as comprehensive home-based services and parenting support for qualifying families with children prenatal to age 5. No income restrictions.
Dayton School District*
- Quality preschool program for children age 3-5 that allows self-directed learning. Strives to reach specific goals in three areas: social-emotional growth, cognitive growth, and physical growth. Offers both Preschool Promise and private pay slots.
Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (WESD)
- Provides support services in classroom and home settings for children from 0 to 5 who have a developmental delay or disability https://www.wesd.org/
Head Start of Yamhill County
- Bilingual services for children 0-5 in a comprehensive, family-focused, early childhood development program. Children ages 3-5 attend full- or half-day preschool program, with year-long services as needed. Meals, diapers/ pull-ups, and limited transportation included. Early Head Start program serves pregnant moms and children 0-3 with weekly visits, family socializations, and Summer Camp to prepare for the preschool program. Parent involvement and education, support with self-sufficiency skills building, family, health, and specialized services provided. For families under 135% of Federal Poverty Level; those experiencing homelessness and foster care are automatically eligible.
Head Start of Grand Ronde
- Year-round learning opportunities for children and families who reside in the community of Grand Ronde and/or belong to Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde or other native families. Child development and parenting education, home visiting & family services, health & nutrition, cultural, social & emotional learning opportunities, and transportation. Services are available for pregnant women, children ages birth to 5 and their families.
McMinnville School District
- half-day program for four-year-old children, includes supports for special needs children, transportation, nutrition services.
Newberg School District
- provides a bilingual, bicultural educational experience for migrant children ages 3-5
Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC)
- provides comprehensive supports for migrant, seasonal farm worker families of children age 0-3 who are living at or below the federal poverty level.
Sheridan School District*
- Full day preschool that helps young children develop positive pro-social skills and further their foundational academic skills. Offers both Preschool Promise and private pay slots. Open to children entering kindergarten in the fall of 2021.