Community Prevention and Wellness Committee
Meet our CPW Committee
In January 2015, the Community Prevention and Wellness (CPW) Committee was established as an initiative of Yamhill Community Care Organization (YCCO) to combine prevention activities with current interventions for YCCO members. CPW recommends strategies for resource allocations with the principal goal of improving population health for all members.
Dr. Anthony Biglan, a prevention scientist for Oregon Research Institute with a background in psychology and preventive services, was contracted with YCCO to propose various preventive interventions to reduce the occurrence of psychological, behavioral, and health problems in children and improve health outcomes later in life.
Dr. Biglan various preventative upstream public health interventions, the CPW selected three programs; PAX Good Behavior Game, Positive Family Support and Health Futures: Tobacco Free Pregnancy and Beyond.
Our CPW Committee consists of the following voting members, current as of November 2017
- Samantha Kinney – Yamhill County Public Health, Community Health & Wellness Coordinator
- Lindsey Manfrin – Chair, Health and Human Services, Deputy Director
- Russell Mark – Juliette’s House, President/CEO
- Raji Mathew, DDS – SmileKeepers
- Jordan Robinson – Director, Lutheran Community Services
- Silas Halloran-Steiner – Director, Yamhill County Health and Human Services
Want to attend a CPW Meeting?
The CPW meets once a month to discuss important ways to improve health in the community. Meetings are open to the public, and comments or concerns are taken at the meetings. If you’d like to submit your questions or concerns without attending a meeting, please send us an email at email@example.com
WHEN: the first Thursday of each month, 3:00 pm – 4:00pm
WHERE: 807 NE Third Street, McMinnville, OR 97128.